TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER
Reporting the Patricia Area Community Endeavours (PACE) Board of Directors through the Executive Committee, the General Manager is responsible for establishing procedures that are required to ensure that the corporation works towards achieving the strategic polices as directed by the Board; and for the promotion of the community, economic and business development activities within the area This position has the overall day to day responsibility of managing the corporation and personnel.
- A degree in commerce, business or public administration or related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive responsibility in senior administrative position including supervisory duties
- Three (3) years experience working directly with Boards, Council or other governance body
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to lead for results
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Works independently within regulatory, budgetary and policy guidelines.
- Work may be directed with regard to matters outside authority or policy.
- Work is monitored for achieving targets and objectives and is evaluated through annual performance appraisal by the Board.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
- Has supervisory authority over subordinates and full responsibility within policy for hiring decisions, performance evaluation and discipline action.
- Must be competent as defined under the Occupational Health and Safety Act including being able to issue both oral and written instruction.
- Provides functional direction and policy interpretation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arranges and reports at Board meetings; keep directors apprised of activities
- Reports to and liaises with FedNor and other funding agencies as required; including preparation of the annual submission for renewal and presentation of same to the funding bodies as required
- Represents corporation (PACE) at functions, seminars, workshops, etc; Acts as spokesperson for overall corporate affairs
- Provides direction for timely completion of day to day tasks
- Oversee staff performance and provide guidance, support and coaching/mentoring as required
- Identifies training needs of staff and obtains approval from Executive Committee for training costs if not identified in business plan and/or budget.
- Responsible in conjunction with other staff for the preparation of annual submissions, submissions for new initiatives, annual budgets, Strategic Plans and entrepreneurial workshops
- Works closely with Executive Committee to develop and finalize operational policies and procedures; reviews on an annual basis; implements and enforces policies
- Advises Executive/Board on potential impact of policies or business practice changes
- Plans and develops performance targets for adequate evaluation and control of operations
- Reviews, authorizes and monitors expenditures
- Has authority to co-sign on behalf of corporation, FedNor Agreements regarding the operation of the corporation
- Acts as representative of the corporation when traveling throughout region
- Abides by the Official Languages Act and related agency work
- Receives direction from the Executive committee for other duties that may be required throughout regular business routine
- Normally works a seven (7) hour day Monday to Friday to meet targets, objective and deadlines, but is expected to work flexible hours where required (eg. Evenings and weekends).
- Out of town travel averages fifteen (15)days per year
- Conditions of employment as per personal contract and defined employment policies
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000 or commensurate with skills and experience
Deadline: Friday, May 6, 2016 at 4:00pm
Submit applications in confidence to:
Chair of the Board
66 Keith Ave, Unit 2, Box 668
Dryden, ON P8N 2Z3
or email CV to
Patricia Area Community Endeavours
Patricia Area Community Endeavours Inc. (PACE) is committed to promoting economic growth within the Patricia Region of Northwestern Ontario. Our purpose is to encourage local community and economic development through provision of small business loans, non-profit funding, counselling and support to entrepreneurs and community groups.
We serve a broad range of communities, including Dryden, Eagle Lake First Nation, Ignace, Lac Seul First Nation, Machin, Pickle Lake, Sioux Lookout, Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation, and all areas located in between.
Please browse our Web site for information on our communities, and the business services we offer. By working together, we can ensure a strong economic future for the Patricia Region.
If you have any questions, or are interested in our services, please fill out our online form on the ContactUs page. We would be pleased to assist you with your business development.
Patricia Area Community Endeavours Operating Hours
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed Weekends and Holidays
July 1, until August 31,
7.45am - 4:30pm
8:00am - 12:00pm