Ignace, A Progressive Community
Located along the Transcanada Highway, just 250 kilometers west of Thunder Bay, Ontario. In the heart of Sunset Country you will find this quaint little town of Ignace.
The Gateway To The North, junction of Hwy 17 and 599 is located at the east end of town.
A full service community with a population of 1200 people, which significantly increase during summer months.
The main attraction is the beautiful sunsets over lake Agimak, sandy beaches and crystal clear rivers, a photographers paradise.
Fishing, hunting, trail hiking, biking is a way of life here.
The main industry is forestry and tourism. A large portion of Ignace is small locally owned businesses, providing employment and services to the community.
- Schools offer grades kindergarten to grade 12.
- An excellent Community Health Centre named after the legendary Mary Berglund.
- A scenic nine hole Golf Coarse with a recently built club house.
- A senior centre with an active group of members called "The Silver Tops".
- A recreation centre that includes arena, fitness centre, bowling alley and banquet halls and a skatepark dedicated for all ages to enjoy biking, rollerblading and skateboarding.
And to welcome the tourist or travelling public, a Tourist Attraction Centre.
Referred to by many as a hidden gem, Ignace is there for all to explore ,set down roots, or just enjoy.